Saturday, April 18, 2009

What about me?


I just read a twitt, "@DJQUICKSILVAI love the diversity in Lux Lounge.I think every race known to man is in here all parting together.Dr King would be happy to see this lol" I though to myself. I live in ATL, one of the best cities for African-Americans. I have the opportunity to start and thrive my own business. But, after reading this Twitt I though about me and who I like to party with? WHO I have been partying with. I have to be honest with you. I party with 99%-100% black atmospheres! To be honest with you there is a look I give to "Other" folk who come to our spots, not mad, but a look like oh yall came to party with us instead of yall came to party! I admit my wrong and I look to better myself in time! Now, what about you

1 comment:

HypnotiqOne said...

I would like to believe that I have a diverse palate already. I can party pretty much multiculturally as long as the bar is pouring. My bias admittedly lies in the perceived sexuality of the atmosphere. I tend to get restless in heterosexist environments REALLY quickly. Even though what I feel is likely my own internalized stigma, I'd still just much rather leave a straight function and get with my people after a drink or two. I'm just saying...